· In order to avoid being patchy, you should wait 2-4 weeks after you shave before you wax. Your hair should be about 1/4 inch or 6 mm – the ideal length for optimal smoothness.
· Wash before you wax: This will help open the pores and prevent you from getting ingrown hairs.
· Using gels and oils pre-wax may interfere with hair removal. It’s also wise to stay out of the sun for a few days before – if your skin is burnt, your wax will be more painful.
· Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, but once you’re with us, our therapist will need to be able to see every hair and follicle.
It’s a good idea to leave your new underwear at home in case we get any wax on them. We can provide you with disposable underwear.
· While we aim to give you a pain free wax, some clients prefer to pop an aspirin or use a numbing cream about 30 minutes before.
· Before coming to see us, take some time to check yourself out for abrasions, bruises, cold sores and cuts.
· We recommend that you avoid sun exposure for 48 hours before and after your wax.
· When you leave us, you’ll feel every breeze and brush of air. It’s a side effect of smooth, and it’s why you should bring a fresh set of underwear and loose fitting clothes for after your wax.
· Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
· Don’t stress about any red bumps after your wax – your skin may be sensitive following your wax, but any red bumps or irritation will subside in a few hours.
· Steer clear of too much exposure to heat – including saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, sun bathing and intense exercise for one to two days after a wax because you’ll be more likely to burn.
· Stay loose – don’t wear tight trousers or underwear for the next few days.
· Keep the freshly waxed area clean and free of products including lotions, gels, deodorant and perfumes until the next day.
· Save your smooth: Use after-wax lotions and exfoliate to keep the skin free from bumps and ingrown hairs. We carry a great line of products in our salon to ease any irritation.
Cheryl is the owner and one of four skin and body practitioners at Sublime Skin & Body. She has many years of experience in the industry and is an accredited trainer. Skin care results are her passion and she is constantly researching and studying the latest information, ingredients and techniques, to ensure that her patients get the best results.