· In order to avoid being patchy, you should wait 2-4 weeks after you shave before you wax. Your hair should be about 1/4 inch or 6 mm – the ideal length for optimal smoothness.
· Wash before you wax: This will help open the pores and prevent you from getting ingrown hairs.
· Using gels and oils pre-wax may interfere with hair removal. It’s also wise to stay out of the sun for a few days before – if your skin is burnt, your wax will be more painful.
· Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, but once you’re with us, our therapist will need to be able to see every hair and follicle.
It’s a good idea to leave your new underwear at home in case we get any wax on them. We can provide you with disposable underwear.
· While we aim to give you a pain free wax, some clients prefer to pop an aspirin or use a numbing cream about 30 minutes before.
· Before coming to see us, take some time to check yourself out for abrasions, bruises, cold sores and cuts.
· We recommend that you avoid sun exposure for 48 hours before and after your wax.
· When you leave us, you’ll feel every breeze and brush of air. It’s a side effect of smooth, and it’s why you should bring a fresh set of underwear and loose fitting clothes for after your wax.
· Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
· Don’t stress about any red bumps after your wax – your skin may be sensitive following your wax, but any red bumps or irritation will subside in a few hours.
· Steer clear of too much exposure to heat – including saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, sun bathing and intense exercise for one to two days after a wax because you’ll be more likely to burn.
· Stay loose – don’t wear tight trousers or underwear for the next few days.
· Keep the freshly waxed area clean and free of products including lotions, gels, deodorant and perfumes until the next day.
· Save your smooth: Use after-wax lotions and exfoliate to keep the skin free from bumps and ingrown hairs. We carry a great line of products in our salon to ease any irritation.
· Arrive for the treatment with clean skin (no make-up. lotion or oil).
· Arrive clean and showered after any exercise.
· Your hair must be 2.5mm to 5.0mm in length to ensure optimum result.
· We cannot perform the treatment if you have open or bleeding sores.
POST EPILFREE GUIDELINES
· Avoid any contact with water and refrain from washing the treated areas for 6 hours after your treatment.
· Avoid exercise or sweating for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
· Do not apply any lotion, make up, cream or ointment on the treated area for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
· After 6 hours you may wash the treated area with soap and water – You may shower or bath as normal.
· Maintain a rigid treatment schedule without breaks (the treatment sequence is determined by the length of hairs and not by time – optimal waxing and hair length range is 2.5mm to 5.0mm).
· Committing to a regular treatment schedule will improve the treatment outcome.
· Avoid tweezing or waxing between treatments so as to not affect the results.
· Avoid direct sun exposure to treated area 24 hours before and after treatment.
Cheryl is the owner and one of three therapists at Sublime Skin & Body. She has many years of experience in the industry and is an accredited Beauty Therapy trainer and Environ Skin Product trainer.