Microneedling is a procedure that’s growing in popularity among men and women across the globe. It involves the use of very tiny needles to create hundreds of invisible puncture wounds on the top layer of your skin. While it might not sound very comfortable or appealing, it’s less uncomfortable than you might expect, and the benefits certainly speak for themselves.
Microneedling is a simple process, but it’s one of the most effective non-surgical procedures available. Benefits include all of the following:
• Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Wrinkles form when your skin no longer has a sufficient amount of collagen to keep it plump. Microneedling triggers the production of new collagen, which means the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles will improve over time – especially if you have microneedling done regularly.
• Repairing visible scars. Whether you have a scar from an injury, surgery, or even acne, microneedling can help substantially reduce its appearance.
• Reversal of sun damage and hyperpigmentation.Stimulating the growth of new collagen can even help reverse the effects of UVA/UVB damage and the hyperpigmentation that can occur as a result. Women who have pregnancy or hormone-related melasma can also benefit from the reversing effects of microneedling.
• Improving the signs of aging. The number one reason why people across the globe undergo microneedling is to reverse the signs of aging and stop them in their tracks. Loss of collagen is responsible for the appearance of aging skin, so being able to stimulate its production will leave you looking younger and more vibrant.
• Shrinking pores. Last, but most certainly not least, microneedling can even shrink pores, which can improve the overall look and texture of your skin. As collagen production increases, the skin around your pores becomes plumper, thus reducing the size of your pores and improving your appearance.
Microneedling is a wonderful way to enjoy more radiant and youthful skin, and while it’s most commonly done on the face, the treatment has been approved for use on the entire body. In fact, preliminary findings from ongoing studies have shown that regular microneedling can even reduce the look of cellulite and stretch marks just as it reduces the appearance of scars on the face.
For more info on prices take a look at our price list under Treatments - Facials - Microneedling or Call/Whatsapp 082 578 9022
Colostrum offers a natural supplement and when taken internally, can help patients address skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and acne.
Bovine colostrum is also used for boosting the immune system, healing injuries, repairing nervous system damage, improving mood and sense of well being, slowing and reversing aging, and as an agent for killing bacteria and fungus. Bovine colostrum is used in the rectum to treat inflammation of the colon (colitis).
Colostrum targets three crucial areas to enhance well being and a healthy lifestyle.
It is perfectly safe for children to take too.
Colostrum can be used on a daily basis and increased just before surgery, during illness and after a marathon.
Family Pack - Colostrum only 180 capsules for R530
(150mg per capsule)
Take 1-2 capsules daily on an empty stomach.
For children, mix the contents of the capsule with milk or water.
Use of up to 10 capsules is recommended daily for 3-4 weeks, if necessary.
Colostrum and vitamin supplement 60 capsules for R290
(150mg colostrum; 10mg Nicotinamide; 1mg Vitamin B6; 0.8mg B2; 0.7mg B1; 100mcg Folic acid.
Colostrum with Pyridoxine (a vitamin involved mainly in amino acid metabolism, as well as carbohydrate and fat metabolism. It is also required for the formation of haemoglobin); Riboflavin (essential for the utilisation of energy from food) and Thiamine (essential for carbohydrate metabolism).
Take 2 capsules daily after a meal. Do not exceed the dose.
Call or Whatsapp 082 578 9022 to place your order.
What do Dr Terry DuBrow, David Beckham and Rob Lowe have in common? The plastic surgeon, the soccer star and the former A-grade actor are all . . . men?
Yes!. They are famous men but each one has also launched their own brand of grooming products. Grooming products for men, why?
It’s simple, really. Life expectancy is increasing drastically and none of us want to look like an old man when we reach 70 or 80. We don’t necessarily want to suffer with skin cancer either.
Dr DuBrow believes we should look after our skin and our features rather than resort to plastic surgery. The sun has largely failed us; we need protection against its onslaught.
Living in South Africa of course adds to the potential damage our skins are exposed to.
What are you doing for your skin today? Do you have a plan?
Thats what we are here for.
Call us for a Gents Facial Treatment (R490) and we'll put you on the right track.
Cheryl is the owner and one of three therapists at Sublime Skin & Body. She has many years of experience in the industry and is an accredited Beauty Therapy trainer and Environ Skin Product trainer.