Sublime Slimming Program - NEW and EXCITING!
LAUNCH SPECIAL -SAVE R500 per package.
The body is a great machine but it is also a simple machine.
Basically, to lose weight in any form the simplest thing to do is create a caloric deficit, which means eat or burn more calories than you consume. The biggest downfall to this is feeling hungry and deprived. That’s why we are here to help!
Along with our medical specialists, we have formulated a plan that will help you lose weight without adding any exercise to your current daily routine. We do however, encourage you to aim at walking 10 000 steps daily. This can be done during the course of your usual day to day lifestyle. This will increase your metabolism and improve your overall health. (Note: this will help, but is not essential if you are unable to exercise due to medical conditions).
Our program is all about eating healthy food. NO Banting; NO Fasting; NO Shakes or food alternatives. You will learn to understand your body and how to make great choices while losing a significant amount of weight.
You will follow a very simple eating plan based on calories along with a FREE daily food tracker (South African brands), that we will help you to download and manage. A weekly weigh in and injection also helps you to stay on track and feel encouraged with tips and advice.
In order to speed up your metabolism and keep your body functioning optimally, you will receive an all natural but effective weekly injection, monthly supply of fat burners and appetite blockers and a monthly balanced multivitamin.
Our injectable is formulated to speed up your metabolic fat burning rate and gives you added energy. It also reduces inflammation in the body, detoxes and shifts lymphatic fluid and prevents swelling.
Our fat burner/appetite blocker works by increasing a persons' body temperature (Thermogenesis), thereby increasing the amount of calories burnt during the day and aids in curbing the appetite.
Depending on the amount of weight you need to lose, you should be able to lose between 1 and 3kg’s weekly.
We recommend a commitment of 8-12 weeks to get good results, after which we will either advise you on maintenance or continue to reach your goal.
The monthly price is R2950, which includes
-initial 1hr consultation
-4 weekly injections
-4 weeks supply of multivitamins
-4 weeks supply of fat burning/calorie control caps
-4 weekly weigh-in’s
-Free app assistance
-Tips and advice
This works out to roughly R85 per day for everything! Not much, when considering how much junk food we go through in a week!
Start now and be slim and full of energy by the December holidays! We’re offering a R500 discount per month for 3 months to the first 10 clients to commit. That’s a total saving of R1500!
Credit cards, cash, SnapScan and EFT available.
Email us now to receive your application form.
· In order to avoid being patchy, you should wait 2-4 weeks after you shave before you wax. Your hair should be about 1/4 inch or 6 mm – the ideal length for optimal smoothness.
· Wash before you wax: This will help open the pores and prevent you from getting ingrown hairs.
· Using gels and oils pre-wax may interfere with hair removal. It’s also wise to stay out of the sun for a few days before – if your skin is burnt, your wax will be more painful.
· Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, but once you’re with us, our therapist will need to be able to see every hair and follicle.
It’s a good idea to leave your new underwear at home in case we get any wax on them. We can provide you with disposable underwear.
· While we aim to give you a pain free wax, some clients prefer to pop an aspirin or use a numbing cream about 30 minutes before.
· Before coming to see us, take some time to check yourself out for abrasions, bruises, cold sores and cuts.
· We recommend that you avoid sun exposure for 48 hours before and after your wax.
· When you leave us, you’ll feel every breeze and brush of air. It’s a side effect of smooth, and it’s why you should bring a fresh set of underwear and loose fitting clothes for after your wax.
· Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
· Don’t stress about any red bumps after your wax – your skin may be sensitive following your wax, but any red bumps or irritation will subside in a few hours.
· Steer clear of too much exposure to heat – including saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, sun bathing and intense exercise for one to two days after a wax because you’ll be more likely to burn.
· Stay loose – don’t wear tight trousers or underwear for the next few days.
· Keep the freshly waxed area clean and free of products including lotions, gels, deodorant and perfumes until the next day.
· Save your smooth: Use after-wax lotions and exfoliate to keep the skin free from bumps and ingrown hairs. We carry a great line of products in our salon to ease any irritation.
· Arrive for the treatment with clean skin (no make-up. lotion or oil).
· Arrive clean and showered after any exercise.
· Your hair must be 2.5mm to 5.0mm in length to ensure optimum result.
· We cannot perform the treatment if you have open or bleeding sores.
POST EPILFREE GUIDELINES
· Avoid any contact with water and refrain from washing the treated areas for 6 hours after your treatment.
· Avoid exercise or sweating for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
· Do not apply any lotion, make up, cream or ointment on the treated area for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
· After 6 hours you may wash the treated area with soap and water – You may shower or bath as normal.
· Maintain a rigid treatment schedule without breaks (the treatment sequence is determined by the length of hairs and not by time – optimal waxing and hair length range is 2.5mm to 5.0mm).
· Committing to a regular treatment schedule will improve the treatment outcome.
· Avoid tweezing or waxing between treatments so as to not affect the results.
· Avoid direct sun exposure to treated area 24 hours before and after treatment.
Microneedling is a procedure that’s growing in popularity among men and women across the globe. It involves the use of very tiny needles to create hundreds of invisible puncture wounds on the top layer of your skin. While it might not sound very comfortable or appealing, it’s less uncomfortable than you might expect, and the benefits certainly speak for themselves.
Microneedling is a simple process, but it’s one of the most effective non-surgical procedures available. Benefits include all of the following:
• Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Wrinkles form when your skin no longer has a sufficient amount of collagen to keep it plump. Microneedling triggers the production of new collagen, which means the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles will improve over time – especially if you have microneedling done regularly.
• Repairing visible scars. Whether you have a scar from an injury, surgery, or even acne, microneedling can help substantially reduce its appearance.
• Reversal of sun damage and hyperpigmentation.Stimulating the growth of new collagen can even help reverse the effects of UVA/UVB damage and the hyperpigmentation that can occur as a result. Women who have pregnancy or hormone-related melasma can also benefit from the reversing effects of microneedling.
• Improving the signs of aging. The number one reason why people across the globe undergo microneedling is to reverse the signs of aging and stop them in their tracks. Loss of collagen is responsible for the appearance of aging skin, so being able to stimulate its production will leave you looking younger and more vibrant.
• Shrinking pores. Last, but most certainly not least, microneedling can even shrink pores, which can improve the overall look and texture of your skin. As collagen production increases, the skin around your pores becomes plumper, thus reducing the size of your pores and improving your appearance.
Microneedling is a wonderful way to enjoy more radiant and youthful skin, and while it’s most commonly done on the face, the treatment has been approved for use on the entire body. In fact, preliminary findings from ongoing studies have shown that regular microneedling can even reduce the look of cellulite and stretch marks just as it reduces the appearance of scars on the face.
For more info on prices take a look at our price list under Treatments - Facials - Microneedling or Call/Whatsapp 082 578 9022
Colostrum offers a natural supplement and when taken internally, can help patients address skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and acne.
Bovine colostrum is also used for boosting the immune system, healing injuries, repairing nervous system damage, improving mood and sense of well being, slowing and reversing aging, and as an agent for killing bacteria and fungus. Bovine colostrum is used in the rectum to treat inflammation of the colon (colitis).
Colostrum targets three crucial areas to enhance well being and a healthy lifestyle.
It is perfectly safe for children to take too.
Colostrum can be used on a daily basis and increased just before surgery, during illness and after a marathon.
Family Pack - Colostrum only 180 capsules for R530
(150mg per capsule)
Take 1-2 capsules daily on an empty stomach.
For children, mix the contents of the capsule with milk or water.
Use of up to 10 capsules is recommended daily for 3-4 weeks, if necessary.
Colostrum and vitamin supplement 60 capsules for R290
(150mg colostrum; 10mg Nicotinamide; 1mg Vitamin B6; 0.8mg B2; 0.7mg B1; 100mcg Folic acid.
Colostrum with Pyridoxine (a vitamin involved mainly in amino acid metabolism, as well as carbohydrate and fat metabolism. It is also required for the formation of haemoglobin); Riboflavin (essential for the utilisation of energy from food) and Thiamine (essential for carbohydrate metabolism).
Take 2 capsules daily after a meal. Do not exceed the dose.
Call or Whatsapp 082 578 9022 to place your order.
What do Dr Terry DuBrow, David Beckham and Rob Lowe have in common? The plastic surgeon, the soccer star and the former A-grade actor are all . . . men?
Yes!. They are famous men but each one has also launched their own brand of grooming products. Grooming products for men, why?
It’s simple, really. Life expectancy is increasing drastically and none of us want to look like an old man when we reach 70 or 80. We don’t necessarily want to suffer with skin cancer either.
Dr DuBrow believes we should look after our skin and our features rather than resort to plastic surgery. The sun has largely failed us; we need protection against its onslaught.
Living in South Africa of course adds to the potential damage our skins are exposed to.
What are you doing for your skin today? Do you have a plan?
Thats what we are here for.
Call us for a Gents Facial Treatment (R445) and we'll put you on the right track.
Fungal infections are contagious. Taking the following precautions can reduce your risk.
1. Wear flip flops or shower sandals when walking in warm, moist areas like gyms, locker rooms, spas, public showers, and pools. This can prevent you from catching nail fungus and athlete’s foot.
2. If you have just finished treating nail fungus, throw away shoes, boots and other footwear that you wore before you started treatment. Fungus can live in footwear, giving you another infection.
If your footwear is expensive or new, you can disinfect them using an ultraviolet (UV) shoe sanitizer or ozone cabinet.
3. Keep flip flops near the pool. That way, you can slip into them when you get out of the water.
Put on a clean pair of socks every day and whenever your socks get sweaty. This helps prevent fungi from growing. Wearing moisture-wicking socks can also reduce the need to change your socks.
4. Wear shoes that:
Fit well (not tight)
Are made of leather, canvas, or mesh (not plastic or PU)
Keep your feet dry and prevent overheating
This helps prevent fungi from growing in your shoes.
5. Alternate shoes. Fungi thrive in moist places like damp shoes. You can reduce this growth by giving shoes 24 hours to dry out before wearing them again.
6. Sprinkle antifungal powder in your shoes. These products cannot treat a fungal nail infection, but they can help prevent fungus from growing in your shoes.
7. Keep your nails short. When trimming your toenails, you want to cut them straight across and keep your toenails shorter than the end of your toes. Fingernails should also be kept short. This helps prevent fungi and other germs from getting under your nails.
8. Sanitize your nail clipper before using it. To sanitize your nail clipper, wash it with soap and water and then wipe it with rubbing alcohol.
If you go to a salon for nail care, ask how often they disinfect nail clippers, emery boards, and other equipment. They should sanitize these after every client. If not, the equipment can spread a fungal infection from one client to another.
9. Never share nail clippers, shoes, skates, towels, and other personal items. You can easily pick up a fungal infection by sharing a personal item. People also get athlete’s foot and ringworm (a fungal infection on the skin) by sharing personal items.
10. Keep your feet clean and dry. Carefully wash your feet with soap and water every day, taking care to wash between your toes. Dry your feet well after washing them.
You also want to avoid having damp or sweaty feet for too long. A damp, warm area provides the perfect area for fungi to thrive.
11. Moisturize dry skin. Fungi can get in through small cracks in your skin. To ease dry skin, moisturize within 5 minutes of bathing and after washing your hands.
12. If you get athlete’s foot, treat it right away. Fungi also cause athlete’s foot. This fungal infection can spread to your nails.
Info credit to aad.org
Hello, my name is Demodex Folliculorum and I live on your face - that's why it's important to wash your face and remove makeup!!
The only way you can see me is with a microscope 🔬. I measure between 0.3 and 0.4mm, and like spiders (arachnids), I have 8 legs.
I like living in hair follicles that you have in your nose, cheeks, and eyelashes. I hide during the day and come out to feed at night.
I feed on your dead skin and some of us feed on sebaceous oil. I can lay up to 25 eggs in each hair follicle.
My digestive system is not able to eliminate my waste, so I accumulate them in my body until I explode and die, releasing my poop. 🙈 My remains cause hypersensitive reactions and are loaded with unwanted bacteria.
According to some studies, in some people, I can cause infections on eyelids and rosacea on your skin.
I am a mite that is present in almost every adult on this planet. But, when we are not kept under control, we can cause an infestation that needs attention!
-Wash your face every day
-Remove makeup daily
-Replace your makeup and especially your mascara every 3 months
-Use a good lash shampoo if you have extensions or suffer from allergies that affect your eyes.
A drop or two of tea tree in your hair shampoo or face wash will also help to ward off bacteria. However, do not use it around your eyes and do not use it neat!
I hope this helps. If so, please feel free to share this post with your loved ones 🥰
Sublime Skin and Body Pinelands, Cape Town
There are many influence factors that can affect the hair cycle such as age, heredity, hormones, medication, nutrition and even stress. Nevertheless, we all share the same hair cycle, broken down into four phases: anagen, catagen, telogen and exogen.
This is the hair cycle’s growth phase and it is influenced by the condition of the dermal papilla, which is voluminous and made up of a vascular core. The hair being rich in melanin and hydration, this phase is the target of electroepilation and photoepilation treatments.
The length of the hair varies depending on the body region, age, sex and the individual person. With an anagen phase of 2 to 6 years, hairs can reach a length of 1.28 meters (approximately 4 feet). The anagen phase varies from 1 to 12 months for certain regions of the body, which means hair in these areas can grow from 1 to 6 cm (approximately 0.4 to 2.3 inches).
Area Hair, Eyebrows, Upper lip, Chin, Underarms, Arms, Bikini, Legs.
It is a transitional phase during which hairs stop growing, but remain attached to the dermal papilla. At this point, melanin is also no longer produced in the germinative zone. The catagen phase is the shortest and generally doesn’t last more than two or three weeks.
This resting phase, during which cells are inactive, involves no growth of the hair shaft. Papilla atrophy occurs and the hair is ready to fall and be replaced by a new anagen hair, after the beginning of the next growth cycle. Moreover, the telogen hair being less pigmented and having a white bulb, photoepilation results are not satisfying in this phase.
About 50 to 100 telogen hairs are normally shed each day, accounting for the hairs you see in the shower and when styling your hair.
This last phase represents the hair expulsion process. During a photoepilation treatment, the complete expulsion can take between 6 to 21 days. Once the hair has fallen, its bulb is no longer visible.
It is important to remember that the hair phase greatly influences the efficiency of hair removal. This is in fact why it is paramount to respect a strict appointment calendar: as it will ensure the best results!
Cheryl is the owner and one of three therapists at Sublime Skin & Body. She has many years of experience in the industry and is an accredited Beauty Therapy trainer and Environ Skin Product trainer.